Datical Wraps Up 2017 with Record Customer Growth, Product Innovation and Partner Expansion
Leader in Database Release Automation Continues Dramatic Growth
AUSTIN, Texas – Jan. 18, 2018 – Datical, the leading provider of database release automation solutions, announced it closed 2017 with tremendous growth, nearly doubling annual subscriptions to its flagship product – Datical DB, and increasing customer growth by 30 percent. Datical continued to see large enterprises rollout Datical DB to help accelerate their digital transformation and DevOps initiatives.
According to Forrester’s Principal Analyst Robert Stroud in a recent blog, 2017 was projected to be the year of DevOps. Forrester states that “with our data confirming that 50% of organizations are implementing DevOps, DevOps has reached ‘Escape Velocity.’”
While organizations have realized the benefits of deploying DevOps across their enterprise and begin to embrace automation in an effort to accelerate the pace of software delivery, a large hurdle still remains – bringing data into the continuous delivery process. This past year, Datical helped its customers remove this barrier via expanding its support for new database platforms, releasing new features that foster communication and collaboration across applications teams and building a DevOps ecosystem through the Datical Partner Program.
“We are excited to announce another year of phenomenal growth for Datical.” said Derek Hutson, CEO of Datical. “As we start 2018, we will continue delivering innovation to our customers to help them increase the velocity of software releases by removing the barrier of the database. As our customers continue pursuing digital transformation, migration to the cloud and DevOps, we will ensure their database release process is fast, safe and secure.
Datical 2017 Corporate, Product, Customer and Partner Milestones
- Increased customer base growth by 30 percent with leading enterprises, such as AIG, LabCorp and The U.S. Department of Treasury
- Supported the delivery of new innovation by increasing investment in R&D by 70 percent
- Launched the Datical Partner Program to unite and empower the DevOps ecosystem, and bring together system integrators and the world’s most popular DevOps vendors such as Delphix, IBM,XebiaLab and CA to bring continuous delivery to the database.
- Developed integrations with Pivotal, CA and Jenkins 2.6 to bring DevOps to the database
- Received industry accolades, including being named as finalists to the DevOps Dozen in the “Top DevOps Evangelist” and Best DevOps Commercial Solution” categories, and to the Database Trends and Applications Readers’ Choice Awards in the “Best Database Development Solution.” Datical also was honored by Database Trends and Applications on the DBTA 100 2017 list as one of the companies ‘that matters most in data.’
- Unveiled a new capability to the Datical platform, Datical Deployment Monitoring Console (DMC), that automatically monitors the status of every database deployment across the enterprise and provides unprecedented visibility into the outcomes of all database deployments.
- Announced support for Db2® for z/OS®, the undisputed leader for storing and harnessing mission-critical data – a move that brings automation to the mainframe as enterprises continue to digitally transform.
- Launched support for Oracle Exadata, the most powerful database platform, to modernize organization’s database deployment process, shorten application release times, drive better security, and have more productive application developers, testers and DBAs.
Tweet this: #database #releaseautomation leader @Datical closes 2017 w/ record customer growth, product innovation & partner expansion. Read about it here: http://bit.ly/2FLS6o3
- Datical website: http://www.datical.com
- Blog: http://www.datical.com/blog/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Datical
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/datical
About Datical, Inc.
Datical’s mission is to transform the way businesses build software so they can deliver better customer experiences faster. Datical solutions deliver the database release automation capabilities technology executives need to get the most out of their Agile, DevOps and Continuous Delivery investments. With Datical database release automation organizations can shorten the time it takes to bring applications to market while eliminating the security vulnerabilities, costly errors, data loss and downtime often associated with current database deployment methods. For more information, visit www.datical.com, call 737-402-7187 or connect via @datical.
Offleash for Datical
 Source: Forrester blog, Robert Stroud “2018: The Year Of Enterprise DevOps,” Oct. 17, 2017